Posted on Sunday, October 16th, 2011 at 10:24 am
MORRIS WINCHEVSKY SCHOOL
Imbuing students with a love of Jewish culture, ethics and wisdom
* Are you looking to strengthen your child’s ties to Jewish culture and heritage?
* Are you looking for a way to be culturally Jewish with your family, and within a Jewish community group?
* Are Tikkun Olam and social justice important values you want your children to learn?
* Are you in a mixed culture family, but still want Jewishness to be a vital part of your family’s life?
* Do you want your child to have a Bar or Bat Mitzvah ceremony, but your family is not religious?
THE MORRIS WINCHEVSKY SCHOOL…
* offers weekly secular Jewish cultural classes to children from Kindergarten to Grade 7
* provides your child with the opportunity to learn about their Jewish heritage within a secular humanist framework
* teaches Jewish history, traditions and culture, and their relevance in the modern world
* emphasizes Jewish struggles for freedom and equality in the past and the present
* integrates a flavour of Yiddish, Hebrew and Yiddishkeyt into activities and events
* values an artistic focus, using music, drama, visual arts and experiential learning to enrich our program
* encourages family involvement and integration through our Family Education Days
* welcomes multi-cultural families, single-parent families and self-identified Jews
* culminates in a special secular B’nai Mitzvah ceremony
The Morris Winchevsky School is committed to perpetuating an understanding of secular Jewish history, traditions and culture and their relevance in the modern world.
Our rich curriculum instills students with an appreciation of Yiddishkayt (Yiddish language and culture), the progressive values of social justice, and an ever-deepening sense of their identity and roots, which they can carry with them throughout their lives.