MORRIS WINCHEVSKY SCHOOL
Imbuing students with a love of Jewish culture,
THE MORRIS WINCHEVSKY SCHOOL:
- Offers weekly secular Jewish cultural classes to children from Kindergarten to Grade 7
- Provides your child with the opportunity to learn about their Jewish heritage within a secular humanist framework
- Teaches Jewish history, traditions and culture, and their relevance in the modern world
- Emphasizes Jewish struggles for freedom and equality in the past and the present
- Integrates a
flavourof Yiddish, Hebrewand Yiddishkeyt into activities and events
- Values an artistic focus, using music, drama, visual arts and experiential learning to enrich our program
- Encourages family involvement and integration through our Family Education Days
- Welcomes multi-cultural families, single-parent
familiesand self-identified Jews
- Culminates in a special secular B’nai Mitzvah ceremony
The Morris Winchevsky School is committed to perpetuating an understanding of secular Jewish history, traditions and culture and their relevance in the modern world.
Our rich curriculum instills students with an appreciation of Yiddishkayt (Yiddish language and culture), the progressive values of social justice, and an ever-deepening sense of their identity and roots, which they can carry with them throughout their lives.