NIDO Presents: Pearls of Africa
July 17 @ 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
The Suubi Fusion Troupe travels all the way from Kampala, Uganda to bring you a dynamic and authentic cultural experience.
Suubi means ‘hope’ in Luganda. The Suubi music and dance troupe at Cambridge Secondary School is the brain child of the school’s founder, Mrs. Kevin Kalule, and it has grown into a passion and purpose for our young Ugandan performers.
Instagram – @suubifusiontroupe
Twitter – @suubi_music
Facebook – SuubiFusionTroupe
Every Suubi Fusion Troupe performance is filled with energy; through thunderous drums, the melodic entrancing sounds of the tube fiddle and their soothing harmonious vocals; taking you on a sonic journey to Central & West Africa. This immersive cultural experience will include traditional African tribe songs and dances.
● Performers are current and/or graduates of Cambridge Secondary School (Kampala, Uganda)
● Suubi raises awareness to the animal and human right injustices in Africa, including lack of accessible education and wildlife conservation initiatives
● Peruse handmade authentic African creations by Ugandan artisans & artists (NIDO GIFT SHOP)
● YOU love DRUMS
● YOU understand the value of EDUCATION
● YOU care about the EARTH and its WILDLIFE
WHAT TO EXPECT
● Live African traditional instrumentation & harmonious vocals
● Audience interaction
● Insight about NIDO’s origin, accomplishments and initiatives
● African songs, poetry & drama
● Lots of smiles, joy and breathtaking talent